[Haskell-cafe] GetOpt

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 08:45:45 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 03:10:32PM +0400, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> i don't like the GetOpt interface (it returns a list of options what
> is unusable for high-speed application)

This got me interested. I assume that you measured performace and it
wasn't fast enough.

How many command line args you had to handle? How many options? I don't
know how well System.GetOpt works with many possible options. It doesn't
seem to use any sophisticated algorithm for searching options, so the
cost of getOpt can be proportional to N*M, where N = numer of option
descriptions, M = number of program args.

If this was improved, it might become usable for you.

Best regards
Tomasz