[Haskell-cafe] Compiling To C And Why Not Compiling To Java Or C#?

Antonio Cangiano acangiano at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 11:07:17 EDT 2006

On 8/5/06, Piotr Kalinowski wrote:

> On 05/08/06, Kaveh Shahbazian <kaveh.shahbazian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > But there must be a way to populize Haskell!
>
> What for?

Because we are humans and as such, we generally love to share our passions
with other people.
>From a less sociological standpoint, a larger user base implies faster
development of interesting projects, more libraries, books, user groups,
conferences, etc...
On the other hand, individuals that need to belong to an elite, and the RTFM
crowd, will experience a further frustration to feed their insecure
personality.

Regards,
Antonio Cangiano
--