[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why Haskell?

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 11:25:47 EDT 2006

> http, smtp and other networking protocols - yes. xml/sql is too large
> things. actually, haxml package is already included in GHC sources
> distribution and i think that it should be excluded from there because
> it's too large, far more than any other package bundled with GHC

The problem I'm having with SQL right now is that there are a number
of not complete and splintered implementation efforts. Having one
library outside GHCs libraries but still promoted as the default
implementation (and hosted under haskell.org) would be enough. Same
for XML. I think most of my problems would be solved if cabal-get
turned out to something like Ruby Gems so I could easily pull the
packages I need to the machines I need (and also get dependencies and
a way to remove the packages without leaving files scattered on my
file system).