[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Visual Haskell prerelease 0.2

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 02:56:02 EST 2006

Hi Shelarcy,

On 12/1/06, shelarcy <shelarcy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why you always show 8.0 instead of 7.1?

Sorry, I thought that you are using VStudio 2005.

> On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 03:48:49 +0900, Justin Bailey <jgbailey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am having similar problems with the Visual Haskell install, and the
> > commands given did not help. When I open Visual Studios Help | About dialog,
> > I get an error about the package failing to initialize. I am installing to
> > an English copy, however.
>
> Their commands didn't help for my environment too.
> I saw same error dialog that I sent previous mail.

I saw this message this morning:

I wonder whether this may cause the problem. I have uploaded a new
vs_haskell.dll here:

http://www.haskell.org/visualhaskell/vs_haskell.zip

It is the same dll but without stripped debug symbols. Could you try
to replace it in your installation?

Cheers,
   Krasimir