[Haskell-cafe] Re: Draft MissingH Reorg Plan

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Dec 1 14:30:25 EST 2006

Malcolm Wallace wrote:

> John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
>
>> Please tell me if I should just go away or go to another list here.
>
> How about libraries at haskell.org?

Fair enough.  Will do.

>>   http://software.complete.org/missingh/wiki/TransitionPlanning
>>
>> Your comments (and edits! -- must register/login first) are welcome.
>
> About Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.RFC2234 and the like.  Although I
> can't see what this code does (no links on the wiki, and port 70 is
> firewalled here), I would be prepared to bet that you do not in fact
> define any new combinators for parsing.  What you have there is a parser

Here's a snippet:

This module provides parsers for the grammar defined in RFC2234, "Augmented
BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF",
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2234.html. The terminal called char in the RFC
is called character  here to avoid conflicts with Parsec's char function.

alpha :: CharParser st Char
bit :: CharParser st Char
character :: CharParser st Char
cr :: CharParser st Char

This one is not email-specific.  The other two are.  (BTW, they were written
by Peter Simons)

> for a specific little language.  Even if it is implemented using parsec
> combinators, it does not belong with them.
>
> Alternative suggestions:
>     Language.RFC2234.Parse
>     Language.ABNF.RFC2234.Parse
>     Network.SMTP.RFC2821.Parse
>     Network.Email.RFC2822.Parse

Does the above suggest a single good place for them to you?

-- John