[Haskell-cafe] Re: Aim Of Haskell

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:27:20 EST 2006

Hello Tomasz,

> complete compilers. Two years ago the only full compiler for C++ was
> Comeau, probably unknown to most C++ programmers. I am not sure about
> today, but I wouldn't bet that things improved.

just because they don't know what sits at back of their compiler? :)

someone tells me, that only 2.5 front-ends remain - comeau, gcc and
probably MS. all other compilers use comeau, which is not full compiler but
just front-end

there is old joke that camel is a horse created by committee. Algol-68,
Pl/1, Ada and now C++ becomes such large languages that no one can master
them in full details

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com