[Haskell-cafe] Emulating bash pipe/ process lib

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Feb 9 14:39:16 EST 2006

Hello Donn,

DC> "Slow" devices like pipes, sockets etc. get along fine with Handles
DC> or whatever buffered I/O - as long as you have only one going at a time.
DC> Multiple input sources - like, say you want to read a process' output
DC> (unit 1) and diagnostic output (unit 2) separately, and either one has
DC> the potential to fill up the pipe and block while you're waiting for
DC> input on the other pipe - buffers at least complicate the dispatching
DC> mechanics you need for this, if not make it impossible.

are you tried LineBuffering and NoBuffering? seem that it is developed
exactly for this case (plus for terminals)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com