[Haskell-cafe] Haskell XSLT interpreter?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 15:26:10 EST 2006

Hi,

I don't know of any, but there may well be, I've never looked.

It probably wouldn't be that difficult to do, since XSLT is a
functional language. There is probably lots of code in HaXml you could
reuse (since the syntax for XSLT is XML). The only slightly taxing
thing would be that XSLT is not pure (see the document function), so
you may have to put most of it in the IO Monad.

This would be very handy since Yhc uses XSLT to do some stuff (for
example, http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/yhc/bytecodes.html) and
currently the choices seem to be MSXSL (which is great for me on
Windows, but sucks a bit for others), or Xalan which is very slow.
Having a Haskell XSLT is something I considered doing before, but
never got round to...

Thanks

Neil