[Haskell-cafe] Re: Joels Time Leak

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:38:33 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 02:30:53PM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> I measured the time taken to unpickle those large 50k packets as 0.3
> seconds on my amd64 box (program compiled *without* optimisation), so
> the thread can get descheduled twice during while unpickling a large
> packet, giving a >4s delay with 100 threads running.

I might have made an error when counting the packets. I simply placed a
putStrLn in "read", but some of the packets are nested
(SrvCompressedCommands), so "read" is called more than once for a
top-level packet.

Best regards
Tomasz

--
I am searching for programmers who are good at least in
(Haskell || ML) && (Linux || FreeBSD || math)