[Haskell-cafe] Re: Progress on shootout entries

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Thu Jan 5 07:08:11 EST 2006

I piped the output of fasta (with N=250,000) into the entries on the
wiki [2] which I compiled with 'ghc -O2'.  Watching with 'top', I saw
over 400MB of RSIZE by the end.  So perhaps I am benchmarking wrong,
since this is the same memory usage as the original reverse-compliment
entry, and roughly the same speed.