[Haskell-cafe] Chameneos

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Fri Jan 6 06:04:02 EST 2006

Your "case" tweak was for an older version of Chameneos that used an
older Ch channel implementation.

But I was inspired by your improvement to use Int# instead of data
Color, and I posted a version that seems faster than the winning one
that was submitted. http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/ChameneosEntry

It still has to box the Int# to put it into the MVar channels.  But the
fastest complement is now (3# -# a -# b) and "if (other ==# faded)" is
faster than the previous "case other of Faded -> ; _ ->".  At least on
OS X / G4.

Also, thanks for cleaning up the SumFile code.