[Haskell-cafe] Re: Shootout favoring imperative code

Isaac Gouy igouy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 20:00:30 EST 2006

I sent a private email and the response to it has
appeared on this mailing-list, so let me just correct
some of the interpretations that have been made.

> > You can say that again!

> Ah..sarcasm, I know that one.

No, it was emphatic agreement (the ordinary usage of
that phrase).

> > Is a persecution complex required for Haskell
> > programming :-)

This one is sarcasm. Hi Sebastian :-)

> > I'm waiting for the complaints that binary-trees
was designed
> > to favour functional programming languages ;-)

> ;-) == sarcasm

Actually no - binary-trees was written with functional
programming languages very much in mind.

best wishes, Isaac