[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Simple IO Regions

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 13:13:14 EST 2006

Hi Oleg,

    Just made a few modifications and thought it might be useful to
people. I have rewritten the functions as
"liftR" and "bracketR" over a "MonadIO" monad interface (allowing
monad-transformers to be used). This is now
usable as  Region library, as you can lift any arbitrary IO function
into a Region. I don't think I have overlooked anything, and I
think it is as safe as the original... but perhaps you would like to
check for stupid mistakes... The exported interface is intended
to be "liftR", "bracketR" and "runR". See attached "MonadIORegion.hs"...

    Regards,
    Keean.