[Haskell-cafe] Known Unknowns

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jan 25 21:44:55 EST 2006

haskell:
> There is a new combined benchmark, "partial sums" that subsumes several earlier
> benchmarks and runs 9 different numerical calculations:
>
> http://haskell.org/hawiki/PartialSumsEntry

Ah! I had an entry too. I've posted it on the wiki.  I was careful to
watch that all loops are compiled into nice unboxed ones in the Core. It
seems to run a little bit faster than your more abstracted code.

Timings on the page.

Also, -fasm seems to only be a benefit on the Mac, as you've pointed out
previously. Maybe you could check the times on the Mac too?

-- Don