[Haskell-cafe] EclipseFP (Haskell IDE) 0.10.0 released

Maarten Hazewinkel maarten.hazewinkel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:42:56 EDT 2006

On 7/3/06, Thiago Arrais <thiago.arrais at gmail.com> wrote:
> EclipseFP is being written in Java, I wonder how the GHC
> library would be accessed on such a environment.

The York Haskell Compiler (yhc) compiles to bytecode, and my memory
suggests that there was an implementation of the required runtime
system written in Java. My mail archive confirms this: Neil Mitchell
wrote about it on haskell-cafe on March 28 under the topic of
'Haskell's Market'.
My feeling is that such an approach might be a smoother (and more
portable) integration than JNI. Of course, you'd need to be able
compile GHC with YHC, which I cannot guess the feasability of.

HTH,

Maarten