[Haskell-cafe] instance Binary Data

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:15:20 EDT 2006

Hello Joel,

thank you. i don't even thought how that can be done. i guess that
Data values contains two parts - describing type (Constr?) and
value itself. Serializing value is even easier than
(already implemented) gshow/gread, and if it can use Binary instance
instead of general algorithm whenever possible, it would be ideal

Constr (or some type representation) is just value of some type, after
all. So, for it's serialization we can use either gshow/gread, or
general binary serialization algorithm, or make custom Binary instance

that is the general thoughts, i hope that someone knowing better this
infrastructure will explain this dark area to me

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com