[Haskell-cafe] Haskore dependency trouble

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Wed Jul 12 04:36:59 EDT 2006

I am having trouble installing Haskore due to
a dependency issue.

I am a pampered user of Debian. Thanks to
wonderful work by the Cabal people and the
Debian package maintainers, I have never
had to use Cabal manually to install a package
before.

In order to learn how to do that, I practiced by
installing the ever-important HNOP package.
After a few tries, I found that the following
sequence of commands works:

./Setup.hs configure --prefix=/usr
./Setup.hs build
sudo ./Setup.hs install

But similar commands for Haskore do
not fair as well. The configure command fails
with the following error:

Setup.lhs: cannot satisfy dependency Hsc-any

How can I satisfy that dependency? I am using
ghc on Debian testing. I obtained Haskore from

http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/haskore

Thanks!

Incidentally, why is Cabal not smart enough to
know that with ghc on linux the default prefix
is /usr?

-Yitz