[Haskell-cafe] Using of C constants in Haskell sources; Determining compilation environment (Unix vs Windows)

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:33:05 EDT 2006

Hi

> I would *guess* that hsc2hs is always distributed with ghc. I know it
> is on Linux and BSD -- I am not sure about Windows.
It is.

> If you want to support hugs as well, then they would need hschs-hugs
> installed. Debian includes that with hugs by default -- not sure about
> anyone else.
Windows certainly does, I think its in the standard Hugs make scripts.

Hugs always has cpphs available, but doesn't provide a cpp. GHC
doesn't ship with cpphs, probably for license reasons. However cpphs
can be used used to simulate cpp on Unix (using cpphs.compat) and
hopefully soon on Windows with a --cpp flag (although not yet). Cabal
should take care of cpp on all platforms by using the distributed one
though.

Thanks

Neil