[Haskell-cafe] ldap-haskell questions

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Fri Jul 14 13:25:25 EDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Second, I find no trace of SSL/TLS routines.  Is that really
> left out, or do I overlook something?

OpenLDAP supports an option LDAP_OPT_X_TLS --

    ldap_set_option Nothing LDAP_OPT_X_TLS LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_DEMAND
    ldapconnection <- ldap_initialize url

I assume you will find something like that there (the above is
actually from my own LDAP interface, but since I haven't seen
any other response to this question ...)

Have no idea about static binaries, even what that means.  When
I compile with ghc, I get reasonably static libraries inasmuch
as there aren't any GHC shared objects, but of course libc is
shared, as well as anything specified on the link command that
turns out to be a shared library.  If for example I have both
a libldap.so and libldap.a and I want to link to the latter (as
indeed I would), then it's up to me to say so on the link command,
libldap.a instead of -lldap.  Pardon me if that's obvious!

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com