[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: System.FilePath 0.9

Piotr Kalinowski pitkali at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 05:15:58 EDT 2006

On 18/07/06, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:
> For instance, many lazy (not in the Haskell meaning) programmers
> believe that the path is safe if it does not include .. but it is
> false (hint: ."."/foo/bar is a legal path on Unix).

I believe this does not cause trouble. If it is a shell expression, it
will go one level up. However, when treated as a filesystem path alone
it will stay beneath. After all, the filesystem does not interpret
quotation marks.

Regards,
Piotr Kalinowski
--
Intelligence is like a river: the deeper it is, the less noise it makes