[Haskell-cafe] Why Haskell?

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 17:31:52 EDT 2006

GSL Haskell bindings:

http://dis.um.es/~alberto/GSLHaskell/
http://dis.um.es/~alberto/GSLHaskell/doc/

Specifically for Linary Algebra:
http://dis.um.es/~alberto/GSLHaskell/doc/GSL-Base.html

> > You make a good point and the decision was by no means cut and dry.  However
> > I made a point of developing some test code using some the newer array data
> > types and looked at maintaining the array in Haskell and then directly
> > calling Blas etc.  I even had a nice polymorphic matrix class going.
> > However I found the array interface just a bit too 'clunky' to use a
> > technical term.  The withArray interface is not very appealing.  The layers
> > of lambda notation was giving me a headache.

I think part of the problem here is not necessarily C or Haskell's
fault, but rather that what you were trying to do was write a library
(or needed the right library). Library writing is hard enough on its
own, much less when one is relatively new to Haskell! Hopefully you
will find the right tool for the job and things will go well!

  Jared.
--
http://www.updike.org/~jared/
reverse ")-:"