[Haskell-cafe] Are FunPtr's stable? (was: how to write an haskellbinding)

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Wed Jun 28 07:26:30 EDT 2006

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Can I urge any of you who learn stuff that "I wish I'd know at the
> beginning" to add that information to GHC's FFI Wiki page?
> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/Using_the_FFI
> Anyone can add to this material, and it's extremely helpful to jot
> down what you've learned while it's fresh in your mind.
>
> The current page is largely about C++ bindings, but that's only
> because that's what the last contributor was interested in.  Feel
> free to re-structure it, add  new sections etc.

I've added a section on unsafe/safe and a "Random Questions" section which
will hopefully make it easier to quickly add useful things that spring to
mind for anyone who doesn't want to do re-structuring - at the moment it
just has the answer to "Are FunPtr's stable?"

Regards, Brian.

strive mightily unseen to destroy us.

http://www.metamilk.com