[Haskell-cafe] Re: Speed of ByteString.Lazy

Chad Scherrer chad.scherrer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:50:03 EDT 2006

Then I should be thanking Duncan as well (thanks!). I had seen the array
fusion idea before in the NDP work, but I hadn't thought of applying to this
area. I wonder where else the concept might apply? Is there a typeclass to
be built?

--

Chad Scherrer

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana" -- Groucho Marx

Cheers!

Duncan Coutts and I have put in many long hours in improving the
bytestring code over the last 3 months, in particularly the Lazy
bytestring library, and array fusion on bytestrings. You can see here,
http://www/~dons/images/commits/fps-commits.png<http://www/%7Edons/images/commits/fps-commits.png>,
some 200 patches a
month :}

Its gratifying to find out that people really use the code :)

-- Don