[Haskell-cafe] library sort

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Wed Mar 8 09:24:09 EST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 8. März 2006 15:11 schrieb Neil Mitchell:
> I never claimed it was a good reason, merely that it was a reason :) [...]

:-)

> Anyway, my current plan is:
> * lots of smallish packages, and one big "base" package which is the
> default search
> * OpenGL, wxHaskell, Gtk2Hs, Darcs, GHC API, GHC (the code base), Yhc,
> Parsec will all be options to search for. At some point in the future
> I will send out an offer to everyone if they want their package
> included. [...]

In the meantime it would be great if Hoogle could be made consistent with the
documentation on http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/ (this is
the big "base" package IMHO). Currently the differences might be quite
confusing for new people.

> Maybe (depending on how efficient I can make Hoogle), it can give
> google style hints - "there were also 3 results in OpenGL, would you
> like to add OpenGL to your search options".

That would be a great feature IMHO.

Cheers,
   S.