[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Trying to get a Composite design pattern to work

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:25:07 EST 2006

> How's this?

What about ++, in Haskell thats just an ordinary function, yet you are
using the library one in this case.

The other thing is that the first definition of my_concat_map is
entirely redundant, the second one handles both cases anyway.

Also, for completeness, you might be interested to find that in some
compilers the list is actually defined as:

data [] a = [] | (:) a ([] a)

This isn't legal Haskell 98, but nhc and Yhc both define a list
similarly to this.

Thanks

Neil