[Haskell-cafe] hs-plugins/ haskelldb/ ELF zlib incompatibility.

Björn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Mon Mar 20 07:36:29 EST 2006

Marc Weber wrote:
> I get this error:
>
> calhost db=store uid=marc pwd=" DB/Direct: Daan Leijen (c) 1999, HWT
> (c) 2003-2004, Bjorn Bringert (c) 2005
>
> Connecting to database... DBDirect: user error (loadShared: couldn't
> load `/usr/lib/libz.so' because /usr/lib/libz.so: invalid ELF header
>
> Any idea how to fix it ? (What to watch for?)
>
> latest cvs ghc, latest darcs hs-plugins (dons told me to ask the
> haskelldb how they managed to run it..) I've tried compiling with -lz
> option. Same result. I'm also posting here because I don't know how
> frequently the haskelldb mailinglist is read yet.. It doesn't seem to
> be used by that much people yet.

I don't think that this is HaskellDB specific, so I'll post my reply
here as well (this is the same as my reply to you post to haskelldb-users):

I once ran into a similar problem in ghci when I had an unneccessary
"-lc" in the package configuration, and my libc.so was a linker script.
I'm guessing that this is the same problem, since DBDirect uses
hs-plugins to load a module which requires libz. Maybe you could try
problem. If you do, you could try to remove libz from the
extra-libraries list in the package configuration for hsql-mysql.

/Björn