[Haskell-cafe] Re: strange ghc program behaviour

Koen.Roelandt at mineco.fgov.be Koen.Roelandt at mineco.fgov.be
Wed Mar 22 05:38:04 EST 2006

>From ghc-6.4, the runtime system no longer flushes open files; it
>truncates them instead.  You should close (or flush) the file explicitly
>with 'hClose' or 'hFlush' before the program terminates.

I added 'hClose' to processXmlWith in the Wrapper module. That solved the
problem.
Thank you!
Malcolm, concerning HaXml choking on finding an ampersand (or %) in an
attribute value (my earlier post): this occurred when the ampersand was
part of an entity. I solved it by replacing the values for & and % in the
Lex module (not very elegant, I admit).

Cheers,

K.