[Haskell-cafe] NewBinary/ BinMem and IO monad

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat May 6 04:54:21 EDT 2006

Hello Marc,

Saturday, May 6, 2006, 2:39:46 AM, you wrote:

>> just add unsafePerformIO:
> great idea!
> In my case I can also use unsafeInterleaveIO or lazyness, can't I?

sorry, i don't remember your case, next time add more citation. in
general 'unsafeInterleaveIO' can be used only in IO context, if you
want to create computation that will be executed only later:

contents <- unsafeInterleaveIO (readFile name)

if you don't have IO context, you can't use this function

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com