[Haskell-cafe] need help please [HOpenGL]

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sat May 6 08:17:05 EDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 23. April 2006 04:49 schrieb Brian Hulley:
> Brian Hulley wrote:
>[...]
> Sorry I shouldn't have replied when I hadn't even tried it myself ;-)
> I don't think it is nearly so easy to display a bitmap from an image on
> file. If you look at the online version of the OpenGL redbook here
> http://www.rush3d.com/reference/opengl-redbook-1.1/chapter08.html the
> example C code for glBitmap is: [...]

The GLUT package contains all examples from the Red Book, see:

   http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/GLUT/examples/RedBook/

The coding style is probably not the best one can imagine, but the intention
is to give a very close 1:1 mapping of these well-known examples in Haskell.
If you have read the Red Book (what everybody trying to do some OpenGL
programming should have done IMHO), you should have no trouble understanding
the Haskell examples.

As already mentioned in another post, loading image data is by design out of
the scope of OpenGL, but the examples contain a loader for a trivial raw RGB
format:

   http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/GLUT/examples/RedBook/ReadImage.hs