[Haskell-cafe] Linspire/Freespire Core OS Team and Haskell

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon May 15 08:49:59 EDT 2006

Hello Clifford,

Saturday, May 13, 2006, 9:28:56 PM, you wrote:

> The OS team at Linspire, Inc. would like to announce that we are
> standardizing on Haskell as our preferred language for core OS development.

it's fantastic! i well know about Lindows and never think that so
interesting packages are really written in Haskell, especially that
they use Haskell as their only language

about languages - i think that even Ocaml has much greater programmers
base. also i suggest you to learn ruby - it's a great alternative to
perl/python and i think that you should at least know such interesting
language. you can find good introduction to ruby somewhere at
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ruby/index.html

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com