[Haskell-cafe] Newbie: Applying Unknown Number Arguments to A Partial Function

Aditya Siram aditya_siram at hotmail.com
Thu May 18 22:25:31 EDT 2006

I am trying to write a function 'applyArguments' which takes a function and
a list and recursively uses element each in the list as an argument to the
function. I want to do this for any function taking any number of arguments.

applyArgument f (arg) = f arg
applyArgument f (arg:args) = applyArgument (f arg) args

This has failed in Hugs, so my question is: Can I conceptually do this? If
so, what is the type signature of this function?

Deech