[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] installing streams library

Chad Scherrer chad.scherrer at gmail.com
Sun May 21 14:37:26 EDT 2006

On 5/20/06, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Data.ByteString is in the base libraries now.
> For a bit of the flavour, see:
>     http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Wc

In this message
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general/13625

Bulat says,

i foresee that Streams + Fast Packed Strings together will yield a
breakthrough in GHC I/O speed, and this can be implemented even
without waiting for GHC 6.6

Before reading this I had thought it might be an XOR situation, but now it
seems a happy coexistence may be possible. Are there any preliminary results
on how these might work together, and the potential speedups?

--

Chad Scherrer

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana" -- Groucho Marx