[Haskell-cafe] Translating Haskell to VHDL. What approach to follow?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 16:54:02 EST 2006

Hi

> That implies I need a way to infere or directly obtain the types of
> the functions used in the core representation. That as you said, can
> probably be done by means of the .hi files or the typerep extension
> you mentioned. I'll try to have a look at both options. Any good
> documentation pointers?

For .hi files just compile it with Yhc and take a look at the .hi file
it creates, they are plain text. If they are top level functions
(which they certainly are, I guess) this should be all you need.
Another approach is to get the type information out of Hugs with the
:t command line prod. I've done this before in another project.

Thanks

Neil