[Haskell-cafe] importing Distribution.Compat.FilePath fails

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:23:34 EST 2006

Hi

> The official FilePath they mention, is that Neil Mitchell's module
> (mentioned earlier in this thread)?

There is the Cabal FilePath library, by Lemmih, which is bundled with
Cabal. Cabal is not really the place to put a FilePath library, so I
took it out, merged it with a library I wrote for Yhc, took some ideas
out of other places as well and put together a new FilePath library.

It is my intention to try and get this FilePath library into the base,
a process which I'll probably be starting next week. I would recommend
you use my FilePath library, and have a nice easy upgrade to just
importing FilePath directly sometime in the future.

Thanks

Neil