[Haskell-cafe] Haskell compiler from a USB Stick?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:34:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

> I think something like Hugs + minimal libraries + WinHugs should be
> small enough to install onto the stick, but I haven't tested this.

See MinHugs, http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/downloading.htm, it
should fit on a USB stick easily, just install it to the USB drive and
you should be good to go. Its basically exactly what you asked for
above - the desire was that students can install it on their home
drives if their uni hasn't updated Hugs since 2001.

I haven't tested this, and can't since my computer fried my USB stick,
but if you have any bug reports either email them to me to the
hugs-bugs list. Thinking of what could go wrong, the only thing I can
think of is the registry won't exist, which causes WinHugs to start up
with its defaults - and should be perfect for you. If this isn't
acceptable for some reason, let me know what you need and I am sure it
can be worked on.

Thanks

Neil