[Haskell-cafe] hsffig output produces errors from hsc2hs

Soenke Hahn shahn at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sat Oct 7 14:55:32 EDT 2006

Hi!

I want to interface to JACK (http://jackaudio.org/) from a haskell programm and
i tried to process jack/jack.h (the JACK API) with hsffig and its output with
hsc2hs. I get several error messages from hsc2hs like this:

JACK.hsc:198: error: syntax error before ‘}’ token
JACK.hsc:198: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be

The line in JACK.hsc:

c_PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER = #const PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER

The commands i used:

gcc -E -dD /usr/include/jack/jack.h | hsffig | tee JACK.hsc
hsc2hs -t template-hsffig.h JACK.hsc -I /usr/share/doc/hsffig

i tried both version 0.1.2-2 from my distribution (ubuntu) and version 1.0 from
the homepage.

What am i doing wrong? Did i miss something essential?

Soenke