[Haskell-cafe] Yet Another Haskell Tutorial Question

Cale Gibbard cgibbard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:31:29 EDT 2006

That's about right, though you could shorten a few of the definitions
by matching with the wildcard pattern _ like this:

tuple4 :: Tuple a b c d -> Maybe d
tuple4 (QuadrupleTuple a b c d) = Just d
tuple4 _ = Nothing

It's also possible to use case:

tuple3 :: Tuple a b c d -> Maybe d
tuple3 x = case x of