[Haskell-cafe] Is Haskell a Keynesian language?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Thu Oct 12 10:45:35 EDT 2006

Here is another approach of questionable classification of languages. :-)

 A lazy functional program is demand driven, an imperative program is
supply driven. That is, if I request some information by calling a
function in GHCi or Hugs, the interpreter develops a plan a how to produce
the information I need and then executes the necessary steps. In contrast
to that, an imperative program executes what's next on the schedule,
whether it is need or not.
 So is Haskell a Keynesian language and C++ a Say language?