[Haskell-cafe] Gtk2Hs and Glade Tutorial

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 12 14:28:04 EDT 2006

Hia Hans,

That's great that you're interested in doing/improving Gtk2Hs tutorial
material. I think actually this is one of the weakest parts of Gtk2Hs at
the moment - the lack of a decent basic intro tutorial.

We've often talked about starting one, and we had various ideas floating
around, but you know how it is, anyway we've never got round to writing
one. Part of the problem is that as experts in the system and knowing
all the internals etc, we're probably not the best people to write the
entry level tutorial because we can't remember how we learned the stuff.

We sketched out some ideas on the haskell.org wiki:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Gtk2Hs/Tutorials/Intro

I'm not actually sure I can read .odt files because OOo doesn't build on
my box. You couldn't export to pdf for me could you? :-)

So, yes, fantastic. Lets chat about what you plan to do and how we can
help and perhaps if we can get more people involved.

Duncan