[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: [GHC] #939: Possible bug building wxhaskell

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 07:32:07 EDT 2006

Hi Jason,

Jun Mukai aka. jmuk already tried and successed
to build wxhaskell on GHC 6.6.

Here is his install log.
http://sequence.complete.org/node/214

And I made patch for ghc 6.6 from it.
Attached solves a few problem ... but you must be
careful to your permission.

This patch solve package's interface problem with
separated build and install process support. And
"make" ("make all") depend on installing wxcore.
So you have to use "sudo" other than Windows.

I don't know what is the best approach. But advantage
is We can make binary (easy install) package for Windows
and Mac OS X user.
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2006-September/011043.html

You can build binary package following command.

make
make before-dist
make bindist

Note that attached fix only GHC 6.6 problem, doesn't
fix other - no GHC 6.6 reason - problems.

If you will failure to build from other problems, you
must see this page first.

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/Install

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/