[Haskell-cafe] Re: Automatic fixity allocation for symbolic operators

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 15:02:38 EDT 2006

I would imagine (reading into Jon Fairbairn's note) that the
difficulty is in combining it with the traditional handling of
precedences in parsing systems, as Bulat was describing. AFAIK, which
is not much on this topic, the notion of precedence in traditional LR
spewers is strictly tied to numeric precedences that are known pretty
much a priori.

Since mapping all the way to numbers seems like overkill to resolve
such infix ambiguities, I'd expect such an adjustment to parser
generators wouldn't be horrific--it may even be more natural on the
implementation side.

Nick