[Haskell-cafe] Re: practice problems?

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:53:49 EDT 2006

Hi

http://www.spoj.pl/ranks/languages/

>From that we can see Haskell is the 7th best programming langauge -
and that number of problems solved is almost exactly the same as rank.
I think perhaps we need a little project to conquer this benchmark
like we did the gentoo/debian ones....

I'll have a go and scraping together some people for this, and
starting up a wiki page tomorrow. Lots of little programs, no
particular need for optimisation yet, so could be a great chance for
beginners and the more experienced who'd just like a quick hack once
in a while.

As a general trend in that ranking list, it seems functional languages
have fewer uses who have submitted more solutions. Perhaps this can be
used to say something about the productivity of functional
languages...

Thanks

Neil