[Haskell-cafe] Re: installing modules

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Sep 6 08:29:56 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 02:19:14PM +0200,
 Tamas K Papp <tpapp at Princeton.EDU> wrote
 a message of 23 lines which said:

> Cleanly means that it ends up in the "right" directory.  How do
> people usually do that?  I am using ghc6 on debian testing.

Follow the usual cabal routine (everything is in the ghc6 package):

cd chart
runghc Setup.hs configure
runghc Setup.hs build
runghc Setup.hs install

> Am I supposed to use the thing called "cabal"?

Yes and the stuff I quoted above is taken verbatim from the 'chart'
page.

> Is it perhaps possible to create a debian package from sources that
> were packaged with this tool?

It si certainly possible but, AFAIK, nobody did it yet.

The Debian-Haskell mailing list is probably the good place to ask: