[Haskell-cafe] Re: Re[2]: [Haskell] Proposal: unification of styleof function/data/type/class definitions

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 15:39:30 EDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Brian Hulley <brianh at metamilk.com> wrote:
>     data
>             Expr t         = If (Expr Bool) (Expr t) (Expr t)
>             Expr Bool   = Eq (Expr t) (Expr t) | Eq t
>             Expr Int      = Lit Int

Meh. I'm still not big on it, since in a normal function, the guard is
based on a variable in scope. Type signatures have implicit variables.
Also, there's no way for the guard to "fall through" or anything like
that. It's just not similar enough for me.

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"You can't prove anything."