[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskel DLL crashes Excel

Cyril Schmidt cschmidt at deds.nl
Fri Sep 22 10:31:43 EDT 2006

Andreas Marth wrote:
> As you might now already know I try to let VBA call Haskell via a DLL.

I had to do this a while ago; the best I could come up with was:

1. Make a Haskell DLL that exports plain C-style interface.

2. With Visual Studio, make a COM DLL that exports the interfaces to
be used by VBA and passes the calls to the Haskell DLL. This COM DLL,
among other things, handles the conversion between C-style strings
and BSTR (there are examples on msdn.microsoft.com of doing this).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cyril