[Haskell-cafe] Yi pre-release

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Sat Apr 7 18:26:03 EDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 12:13:48AM +0200, Bas van Dijk wrote:
> bas at bassbox ~/development/haskell/yi $ runhaskell Setup.hs build
> *** Exception: failed to extract ghc path from command line

(Disclaimer: I'm only going by what I've heard on #haskell)

That would be a symptom of trying to build Yi using cabal.  Yi is
supposed to be built using Makefiles.  Scary, eh?  The makefiles
perform confiugration and then call the cabal, which isn't intended to
be used directly.

(jyp: maybe that message should be changed to mention the intended
build procedure?)

Stefan