[Haskell-cafe] Re: Fwd: Yi pre-release

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 03:16:32 EDT 2007

Dominic Steinitz <dominic.steinitz <at> blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> 1. ~/usr/bin isn't on my path. Clearly I can fix.

You can install the cabal packages for everyone (ie. dropping --user)

> 2. Where should YiConfig.hs live? I know it's in examples but I don't want to
> copy it into every directory.

It should live in ~/.yi/YiConfig.hs

> 3. Even when YiConfig.hs is there, I get the following error and can't do any
> editing

Here is a sample YiConfig.hs file:

-- Don't run with --as=..., that will overwrite the keymap set here.

module YiConfig (yiMain) where

import Yi.Yi
import Yi.Editor
import Yi.Keymap.Emacs
import Control.Monad.Trans
import Yi.Buffer

yiMain :: EditorM ()
yiMain = do
  changeKeymapE myKeymap
  msgE "User configuration successful."

myKeymap x = setSynE "haskell" : runProcess normalKeymap x

Cheers,
JP.