[Haskell-cafe] Compiling GHC

Andrew Appleyard aja at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Apr 11 03:07:50 EDT 2007

On 30/03/2007, at 4:36 pm, Chris Witte wrote:
> cp -rp ./../include/* /usr/local/include/mingw
> cp: cannot stat `./../include/*': No such file or directory

The source paths for these copies are derived from the path of the
gcc binary ($GccDir).  Did you call configure with '--with-gcc=C:/
Mingw/bin/gcc.exe'?  I received those errors when I forgot to do that.

> package `base'
> ghc.exe:
> C:/msys/1.0/local/HSbase.o: unknown symbol `_gettimeofday'

I think that 'gettimeofday' is statically linked into the ghc
executable, so it's just that GHCi doesn't know about it.  Adding a:

   Sym(gettimeofday) \

line to the RTS_MINGW_ONLY_SYMBOLS #define in rts/Linker.c (from line
265) seemed to fix the problem for me.

I'm not sure if this is a GHCi bug or something else being awry.
'gettimeofday' was added to the mingwex library in mingw-
runtime-3.10, which was released in July last year, so I would have
expected this problem to have come up before now...

Regards,
Andrew.