[Haskell-cafe] Why Perl is more learnable than Haskell

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Apr 11 09:01:01 EDT 2007

kynnjo:
> Perhaps Haskell will never lend itself to something like a Perl one-liner,
> but still I wish that there were books on Haskell that focused on making
> Haskell useful to the learner as quickly as possible...  If such already
> exist and I've missed it, please let me know.

There's some things in the works, but for now you can perhaps find
something relevant to what you're trying to do here,

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Blog_articles

There's a good breadth of topics covered.

Also, I recommend hanging out on #haskell, you'll just see so many
interesting haskell snippets, have people to help answer questions, and
of course, the lambdabot, that you can't help but learn haskell by
osmosis!

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IRC_channel

Good luck. Hope to see you online.

-- Don

P.S. Have a fix point!  Control.Monad.Fix.fix ((1:) . scanl (+) 1)