[Haskell-cafe] Why Perl is more learnable than Haskell

Thomas Hartman tphyahoo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:35:11 EDT 2007

I am also coming at haskell from a perl background.

While there is some truth to what you say, I do think haskell can be
used for "keeping simple things simple" in a way similar to perl.
Though you have to search harder since the documentation / tutorials
seem to be more optimized for "making hard things possible". (And in
fact, much easier than in perl.)

But back to the easy, here is a thread concerning one liners in haskell

http://groups.google.de/group/fa.haskell/browse_thread/thread/e948ff0ad4d7c0c9/ac0a46d1f841db59?lnk=st&q=haskell+one+liners&rnum=1&hl=en#ac0a46d1f841db59

I think if you really have desire the best route is to complement
googling around with asking on #haskell and the newsgroups. It's a
*very* friendly community.

hope this helps!